Shiitakes are also unique for a plant because they contain all eight essential amino acids, along with a type of essential fatty acid called linoleic acid. Linoleic acid helps with weight loss and building muscle. It also has bone-building benefits, improves digestion, and reduces food allergies and sensitivities.
1 pack Lumpia wrapper (thaw in room temp, cover with wet paper towel (during wrapping) for moisture
3 cups dried shiitake mushroom (soaked in hot water for 20min)
1 bulb garlic
1/2 red onion
1 bag spinach
1/2 cabbage head
1 pack tofu (crumbled)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup canola or grapeseed oil ( for deep frying )
salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Carrots ( chopped )
1. In a food processor, blend the ingredients separately. Blend about for 30sec or your desired size for the fillings. First, the garlic and onion and set aside. Next, the spinach and set aside. Last the shiitake mushroom and set aside. Mix them all together.
2. In a medium pan. Heat the oil and pour all the contents including tofu. Fry for about 5min and stir occasionally.
3. Set aside and lit it cool for a little bit.
4. Wrap the fillings. The folding instruction of wrapper should be on the back side of the package. Keep wrapping and you can freeze the rest.
5. In a medium pan, (medium) heat the oil and fry each side till golden brown. Drain excess oil with a paper towel.
6. Best served when warm for crunchiness. Sweet chili sauce would be a good dip. Enjoy!