Well, I would call it vegan Philly nutriveg since it is made out of nutritional yeast as cheese substitute and mushroom. I love nutritional yeast! This recipe is juicy and nutritious! I can eat it almost everyday. Haha!
2tsp coconut oil
2 tsp vegan butter or olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
4 garlic cloves
1 red onion
3 celery stalks
2 packages of bella mushroom
3 tsp soy sauce
2 cups of spinach
5tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper to taste
1 French bread
Optional: 1 red bell pepper (thin slice)
1. In a deep pan, pour oil and sauté garlic, onion and celery.
2. Add the mushrooms, paprika, soy sauce and vegan butter.
3. Cover pan for 5min or till the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Add the spinach and nutritional yeast. Cover and stir occasionally till spinach is somewhat tender.
6. Let it cool.
7. Toast french bread for 5min.
8. Spread mayonnaise on bread, add the mushrooms and pickles.
9. Ready to serve and enjoy!