Since becoming vegan, I get to be creative with recipes, so I made a vegan version of lumpia. I bought mung beans and lumpia wrapper at a Philippine store nearby. I soaked 2 cups of mung beans overnight and rinsed them twice for 5days. Sprouted mung beans grow was fun to watch.
1 bulb of garlic (finely chopped)
1 red onion (chopped)
2 celery stalks (chopped)
4 carrots (shredded)
1cup of sprouted mung beans
3 tbsp olive oil
4tbsp of soy sauce
1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 tbsp flour
1. Preheat oven for 425 degrees and grease baking sheet.
2. In deep frying pan, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion and celery.
3. Add carrots, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally for 3min.
4. Add the mung beans and cilantro. Mix all together. Remove from heat and let it cool.
5. Fill the lumpia wrapper 2tbsp of the veggie blend. Wrap the veggies and close it with the paste. Check the wrapping instruction on the back of the wrapper package.
6. Brush both sides of lumpia with olive oil. Baked for 15minutes.
7. Let it cool and enjoy!